Monday 17 December 2012

Walter McDaniel 01-201206-00492

Entry 1
What do you think of Public Display of Affection (PDA)?
For me, I neither agree nor disagree of it. If it’s between parent and children, then it won’t raise any issues because some acts like hugging, holding hands, and kissing their children are normal act of showing their affection. But, if it’s between unmarried couple, it has to be in a certain limit. Holding hands might be fine, but hugging and kissing is not suitable to be display in public because it might bring negative impressions from public since our country is an Islamic country as well as Asian country which are famous for their well-attitude and politeness toward each other. I’m not saying hugging and kissing are not polite, just that it’s not suitable with norm in our country.
Define love:
Love can change sadness to happiness. Love can bring hope to those who in despair. Love can unite people. Love can’t be seen but can be felt. Love can bring salvation. Love full of forgiveness. Love is equally 
important as breathing.


Entry 2

Eternal Regret
Tenth grade
As I sat there in English class, I stared at the girl next to me. She was my so called
"Best friend". I stared at her long, silky hair and wished she was mine. However, she didn't look at me like that, and I knew it.
After class, she walked up to me and asked me for the notes she had missed the day before and I handed them to her. She said "thanks" and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I wanted to tell her, I want her to know that I don't want to be just friends. I love her but I'm just too shy and I don't know why.
Eleventh grade
The phone rang. On the other end, it was her. She was in tears, mumbling on and on about how her love had broken her heart. She asked me to go over because she didn't want to be alone. And so I did. As I sat down next to her on the sofa, I stared at her soft eyes, wishing she was mine. After two hours, one Drew Barrymore movie and three bags of chips, she decided to go to sleep.
She looked at me, said "thanks" and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I wanted to tell her, I want her to know that I don't want to be just friends. I love her but I'm just too shy and I don't know why.

Senior year
The day before prom she walked to my locker. "My date is sick" she said; he's not going for the prom. I didn't have a date and in seventh grade, we made a promise that if neither of us had dates, we would go together just as "best friends". And so we did. On prom night, after everything was over, I was standing at her front door step! I stared at her as she smiled at me and stared at me with her crystal blue eyes. I want her to be mine, but she doesn't think of me like that, and I know it. Then she said "I had the best time, thanks!" and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I wanted to tell her, I want her to know that I don't want to be just friends. I love her but I'm just too shy and I don't know why.

Graduation Day
A day passed, then a week, then a month. Before I could blink, it was graduation day. I watched as her perfect body floated like an angel up on stage to get her diploma. I wanted her to be mine, but she didn't notice me like that, and I knew it. Before everyone went home, she came to me in her smock and hat and cried as I hugged her. Then she lifted her head from my shoulder and said, "You're my best friend, thanks." and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I wanted to tell her, I want her to know that I don't want to be just friends. I love her but I'm just too shy and I don't know why.

A Few Years Later
Now I sit in the pews of the church. That girl is getting married now. I watched her say "I do." and drive off to her new life, married to another man. I wanted her to be mine but she didn’t see me like that and I knew it. But before she drove away, she came to me and said "You came!". She said "Thanks." and kissed me on the cheek. I wanted to tell her, I want her to know that I don't want to be just friends. I love her but I'm just too shy and I don't know why.

Funeral
Years passed, I looked down at the coffin of a girl who used to be my "best friend". At the service, they read a diary entry she had wrote in her high school years. This is what it read -
I stare at him wishing he is mine but he doesn't notice me like that, and I know it. I want to tell him, I want him to know that I don't want to be just friends. I love him but I'm just too shy and I don't know why. I wish he would tell me he loved me!
I wish I did too... I thought to myself and I cried.
I Love You!
P/s: If you ever love someone, just tell them. Don’t keep it inside until the last minute or else you will regret it.


Entry 3

If...
If I were given a chance to live or even to rule the ancient city, I would choose to live in Chichén Itzá. Compare with Machu Picchu, Chichén Itzá have a strong and stable economy power. They even built a trading port to trade resources from other region inside the North America. Well, what else is good about it? How about trying to compare their level of civilisation with other ancient cities? The Maya people can be considered as genius compare to others because of their astronomical and mathematics knowledge which can help them to build a strong nation. They even invented their own calendar similar to the solar calendar that we currently use now (consist of 365 days a year). When I said it’s a strong city, it really is a strong city. Located in the middle of dense rainforest suitable to lay traps everywhere in the forest, enough to cut down half of the enemy force. The Maya were trained to become a deadly soldier armed with war knowledge and great weaponry to kill any intruders that try to conquer their city. Aside from that, their sacrificial ritual really gives a strong impression toward the mentality of their ruler. Its reflect a strong leadership of their ruler by infusing the ‘fear’ in his people’s mind-set so that, there will be no betrayal to his kingdom. Well, personally, I like to rule people with fear because only with fear we can be brave. Only by knowing ‘fear’ we can develop and grow to become a stronger and matured person.

Entry 4 
T.H.E PROJECT
(The Human Evolution Project)
          Nowadays, each of us human always has this ‘little’ something that we never satisfied of about our self. We always whine about how weak we are, how hopeless we are and we never stop comparing ourselves with other. But then, what if in the future, there will be solution for all this kind of question? What if human can achieve the perfection? There will be no suffering, no more disable people, no more sickness, or perhaps no more death? Sounds impossible? Well yeah, we are talking about future after all.
            My solution to this is Nano-machine. This Nano-machine is equipped with the 3 processors and a hard disk specializes to copy and encrypting the protein cell data before transforming the protein cell. To make it simple, just think of it as a scanner, you scan a picture and the picture will appear on your computer desktop and you can edit it before you can print it afterward. So basically, that is how the Nano-machine works. This Nano-machine is specializes to accelerating the transformation of protein cell. Why protein cell? Proteins are large, complex molecules that play many critical roles in the body. They do most of the work in cells and are required for the structure, function, and regulation of the body’s tissues and organs. In other word, protein cells have the biggest role in human evolution. If we can evolve the protein cells, the other cell also will evolve thus making us, human evolve into the next stage of our evolution. That is the job for the Nano-machine, created solely to accelerating the transformation.
            So, in the future, you won’t be surprise if there are human who have a hard-shelled skin, strong body, immune to disease, and even can fly or go beyond the average human limits. Is it impossible? No. We are talking about future here. If I’m not the one who succeed, there will be others who will follow my trail to achieve the human perfection. 

Entry 5
Video
          The video that I have watched was about an honourable man. A brave and strong man that doesn’t even know the meaning of giving up, that man is Nick Vujicic. He has inspired me in many ways especially in living my life to the fullest without regretting or dissatisfied of being imperfect in every aspect of my life. He taught me that even if you fall hard and failed so many times, don’t mean you have to give up but instead you have to try it again and again and again. I can relate his situation and what he felt with my situation. I am too was bullied and mock because of my appearance and because of my family. It is a normal human behaviour to get jealous or dissatisfied of others especially when they are wealthy or born in a famous family. I was born in an educated family and been living with my 2 famous sisters, famous for their intelligence and their attitude. They always represent the school for any competitions that involving the brain and they are the stop student of my school. As their brother I am proud to have famous sisters as part of my family. I thought everyone would love me as much as they love my sisters and I thought that I would gain the respect from others as much as my sisters had. But then I realized that I’m still far-fetched from being known and respected just like my sisters but instead I’m being compared, bullied, and ostracised by my classmates, teachers and other students. Sounds great huh? Well yeah, I know I’m not the same with my sisters. They are nice but me? I’m mischievous, short-tempered, and I was a type of person that always looks down on people just because I’m living in a well-known family. I was bullied because of my nerdy appearance and because of their jealousy towards me because I always get all the attention from teacher and again, because of my sisters. For 3 years I have been leaving in a shadow of my sisters and in a pain of being bullied because of my family. I started to change. I started to hold a grudge on every people in the school. Instead of following my sister’s path, I’m paving my own path to make my own name in that school. I have become more violent toward others. I didn’t do any homework but instead I fought with every teacher. Endless motivation and counselling are given to me but all turn to nothing. I have become a rebellious student. I have become that kind of student until the end of my form 4 year. Just before the year of 2011 started, I have been thinking of what did I have achieved from becoming that kind of person? The only thing I have gained was hate, disappointment from everyone and I’m losing all the trust from everyone. No one believes in my capability. Actually, I never knew the real reason I’m doing all that. In fact, until now I’m still looking for the answer. When people started to turn their back on me, only then I realized that I have done wrong. I have become lonelier than I was. Seriously, what I have done? Until now I don’t even know whether people still treating me the same or I’m still treating them all the same. That is why, after leaving the school, I’m embarking the new journey to find my real path. I have fall hard to the bottom of nothingness and now, it is the time for me to climb up and regain my fame and respect from others. I have failed my family and now it is the time for to get things back to where it was or getting better. But then, I have realized that I don’t have to be like my sisters, instead I can get well known by my own effort and by my own talent. I have realized that no one is perfect and never be perfect. That is why I am thankful to God for every blessed that He gave to me in my whole life. Thanks to Him, I started to found myself although there’s a lot of challenge and obstacles ahead of me that I need to overcome in other of becoming a true and worthy being. 


ENTRY 6

COMEDY SITCOM: MIND YOUR LANGUAGE
            My favourite character in the comedy sitcom; Mind Your Language is Jeremy Brown portrayed by Barry Evans. He holds a B.A Hons from University Oxford. He is the teacher for the subject English as a Second Language. He is known as an optimistic character as he stood up for the challenge to teach the students since the previous teacher driven insane by the foreign student in the same class. He found it hard to handle most of his students especially Juan and Ali since both of them always misinterpreted of what he has been saying. Lastly, he has been proven to have a strong will as he last longer than expected by Ms.Courtney.

Credit to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_Your_Language


My Super Power!

        If I could have a superpower, I would like to have a power that can literally “take” other’s power. Simply to put it like this; by having physical contact with other power user (obviously there is never be one superhero), I could absorb their power and make it mine. That’s mean I could have more than one power. The reason I want to have this kind of power is because sometimes superhero also tend to misuse the power they have. So, I want to play a role as a Judge by judging them. If they misuse the superpower they had, I will take it from them permanently so that they can have a deep thought of what they have done. By having this kind of superpower, maybe at first I would freak out and misuse it. By realizing my mistakes, only then I can correct others by correcting myself first so that no one will repeat the same mistakes. Maybe I will be everyone enemy because I am the power stealer and yet, I would not allow any unjust to happen because even if there one unjust thing happen, it could ruin the entire community.


The Last Entry
Class D080127 of Reading, Grammar & Vocabulary 2 subject conduct by Ms.Vaitheswary or generally known as Ms.V is the best class I ever attend throughout this second semester. Since I always have a lot of interest in English and I was very grateful that the fun and excitement in this class always meet my expectation of every English class. As a class representative, I am honored to be given the chance to represent my fellow classmates and I was very happy to have classmates that really enjoy and having fun while study (although sometime it’s too much). That kind of study environment makes us feel less stress and relax while studying. There is a lot of unforgettable moment happening in this class especially when we are acting for an advertisement to promote a daily product. My team really done well but it’s kind of funny when I forgot what I supposed to do when Donald interrupt me while acting. At that moment I already got into my character and I supposed to take Masanijah’s hand and take her to the center but then I suddenly lost in my own drama and feel shy to do that. The last class of ReVoG 2 was so great and a little bit sad. While others are delightful to know that it is the last class, I on the other hand feel sad to meet the end. There’s a lot of fun things we have done so far and I wanting more of it. All in all, English is always being my favorite language and subject aside from Korean and Japanese. Last but not least, it’s great to meet you all especially Mas and Ms.V. And I would like to thank Ms.V so much for the great learning time we had all this while. 

2 comments:

  1. heyyyy why alll the people in this clazzz sleep???seruisly!!!!very bowonk!!!!zzzzzzzzzzz =.=

    ReplyDelete